Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hacker Quiz

On the hacker site, I learned how to properly combine sentences. I learned how to get rid of comma splices, properly place words like to or of, and what endings to use on the end of my words. (example) "Success didn't spoil me; I've always been insufferable." This is one example that helped me, I thought you used a comma here instead of this, and when I gave the wrong answer, and it corrected me, and gave me a good explanation of why I got that wrong. This site also helped me figure out where to put my punctuation in a sentence to make it correct. Such as, "Because it rained all Labor day, our picnic was rather soggy." Finally, it helped me figure out which words go where. Such as, "Christopher had an attention span shorter than that of the other students." This sentence had confused me because I thought you would have to get rid of "that of", but I was incorrect and this helped me out as well. This site is extremely helpful in toning your writing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment